Solid can be turned into liquid by melting and liquid can be turned into solid by freezing.
Solid can be turned right into gas by moving from one system to the next.
Solid can change shape by being crushed or broken
|Green & Purple Bubble
||by LadyDragonflyCC - Explore MY World on Flickr||
- When a solid is heated, it transforms into a liquid at melting point.
- You can not hold a liquid.
- Liquid's can hold their shape in a container.
||by Kyle May on Flickr||
- A gas has no shape or volume.
- A liquid can be turned into a gas at it's boiling point.
- Gas can be turned into liquid by compression alone without cooling.
- Gas is also called vapor.