| || |
|wave coast||by Wonderlane on Flickr|
|NASA Blue Marble 2007 West||by NASA Goddard Photo and Video on Flickr|There are 5 Oceans on Earth:
- The Pacific
- The Atlantic
- The Indian
- The Arctic
- Southern Oceans
|north shore||by baxterclaus on Flickr|Tides.
- There is low tide and high tide.
- You can see this at the beach
|The Manchester Moon||by Man Alive! on Flickr|What are Tides?
- Tides are created because the Earth and the moon and the sun are attracted to each other, just like magnets
are attracted to each other.
- The moon tries to pull at anything on the Earth to bring it closer.
- The Earth is able to hold onto everything except the water.
- Each day, there are two high tides and two low tides.
- The ocean is constantly moving from high tide
to low tide, and then back to high tide.
|Coral Reef at Palmyra Atoll National Wildlife Refuge||by USFWS Pacific on Flickr|Tropical Oceans
- Are warm.
- Have bight corals and creatures.
- Lots of life close to the surface.
- Close to shore.
|Clown Fish||by puliarf on Flickr|
Bright fish like the Clown fish or NEMO!
The water is warm, clear and shallow perfect for holidays snorkeling!
Big Green Turtles!
|A radiant turret lit by the midsummer midnight sun||by State Library of New South Wales collection on Flickr|Cold Oceans
- Lots of Ice
- A lot of creatures have fur.
- Not much color in the creatures.
|Harbor Seal - Estero Bluffs harbor-seals-estero-bluffs_A||by mikebaird on Flickr|
- Seals love the cold water. They have a thick layer of fat and warm fur.
- They live on land and in the Ocean.
- Very fast swimmers.
|Underwater flight||by W J (Bill) Harrison on Flickr|
- Penguins are slow on land but fast through the water.
|Humpback Whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) lunge feeding||by mikebaird on Flickr|
- Humpback Whales travel all over the Earths oceans and love to sing to each other!
- They are friendly animals.
|Spinner Dolphins, Big Island, Hawaii.||by SteveD. on Flickr|Dolphins
- Dolphins live in all types of Oceans.
- They also sing to each other.
- Dolphins are playful and friendly.
|Definitely taking a nap:-)||by mysza831 on Flickr|Next time you are at the beach think about what is in the ocean.
- Make sure you dont litter!
- Look out for creatures in the sand.
- See if you can spot a Dolphin!