| || |
|3 of 5 Distressed Sea Lion Pup Morro Strand||by mikebaird on Flickr|Mammals have hair or fur covering their bodies. Almost all mammals give birth to their babies and the babies drink milk from the mother's body.
Sea Lions are mammals.
- Sea Lions live in the sea and on land.
- Sea Lion babies are called "Pups."
- Sea Lion Pups drink milk from their mother's body.
- They communicate by making a barking sound like a dog.
|Facing the Silverback||by downhilldom1984 on Flickr|Gorillas are also mammals.
- They are covered with hair.
- They also give birth to their young which drink milk from the mother's body.
- Unlike Sea Lions, Gorillas live on land only.
- They are very strong and are great tree climbers.
- Gorillas mostly eat leaves and bamboo.
|running with the seagulls||by eschipul on Flickr|Bird is the only kind of animal that has feathers. Most birds use their wings to fly.
Birds have babies by laying eggs. They find food to feed their babies.
Seagulls are birds that live near the sea and eat just about anything from small fish to french fries.
|Croc Orgy 3||by hekkeller on Flickr|Reptiles have dry, scaly skin.
Crocodiles are the world's largest reptiles.
- They live in water and on land and prefer a warm climate.
- Crocodiles feed mainly on insects, frogs, lizards, and turtles.
- Mother crocodiles make nests near the water to lay their eggs in.
- When the babies hatch they call their mother by squawking.
- The mother digs them out of the nest and carries them in her mouth to the water.
|Do Not Eat (or lick)||by AlphaTangoBravo / Adam Baker on Flickr|Amphibian means two-lives.
spend their lives in the water and on land.
- They have smooth, wet skin.
- Amphibians hatch from eggs that are laid in the water.
- All amphibians begin their life in water with
gills and tails.
- As they grow, they develop lungs and legs for their
life on land.
- Frogs eat insects, snails, spiders and worms. They don't have teeth so they swallow their food whole.
|Doctor, Doctor...||by laszlo-photo on Flickr|Most fish are covered with scales.
- They only live in water and use gills to breathe.
- Different types of fish eat different food, some eat smaller fish and some eat the plants that grow in the water.
|Move over||by aussiegall on Flickr|Insects have three body parts and six legs.
- They walk, fly, jump and some insects swim.
- Most insects are hatched from eggs.
- Bees are insects. They are hatched from eggs and make honey to feed their young and themselves.