Share Presentation:   http://NeoK12.com/pres/ZCIRSYS3
Pulmonary Circulation
  
Chest and heart anatomyby Patrick J. Lynch on Flickr

  • The Circulatory System is a system that transports nutrients, hormones, gases, and blood cells to the body. 
  • Some people compare the Circulatory System to a traffic system because it also transports something to a certain place. 
  • It's purpose is to fight the diseases and prevent anything harmful from getting into your system. 
Slide Options : Move UP,   DOWN,   DELETE,   Insert BLANK Slide
Blood Vessel Model 3by GreenFlames09 on Flickr

The Pulmonary System is a loop that pumps blood to the lungs to get oxygen and remove waste. 
  1. The blood starts in the heart as de-oxygenated blood. 
  2. To get oxygenated it goes through the lungs and then back to the heart as oxygenated blood. 
  3. After that, your heart pumps it through your body and then your body uses up all the oxygen and nutrients. 
  4. After it is all gone, then it goes back to the heart as de-oxygenated blood once again. 
  5. Next, it has to go through this process all over.
Slide Options : Move UP,   DOWN,   DELETE,   Insert BLANK Slide
Heart anatomyby Patrick J. Lynch on Flickr

The main function of the heart is a pump. 
  1. Blood enters the right atrium chamber of the heart through a vein. 
  2. Next it travels to the right ventricle. 
  3. Right ventricle pumps the blood to the lungs, through an artery. 
  4. Blood picks up oxygen from the capillaries of the lungs and drops off carbon dioxide. 
  5. Blood travels through a vein into the right atrium. 
  6. Next, from the left atrium, the blood travels  to the left ventricle through a valve. 
  7. Left ventricle pumps the blood, through the aorta, out to the body to deliver oxygen. 
  8. Cycle starts all over again.
Slide Options : Move UP,   DOWN,   DELETE,   Insert BLANK Slide
Heart anatomyby Patrick J. Lynch on Flickr

Closed Cardiovascular System is pretty self explanatory: 

  • The blood in the veins never leave. 
  • Oxygen and nutrients diffuse across the blood vessels.

 The other part of the circulatory system is Lymphatic System which is not closed.

 

In oxygen transportation, 98.5% of oxygen in the blood of a healthy human body is "chemically combined with hemoglobin molecules". The other 1.5% of arterial blood is dissolved into other blood liquids.

Slide Options : Move UP,   DOWN,   DELETE,   Insert BLANK Slide
circulatory systemby derek*b on Flickr

In the fetal circulatory system, during weeks 4-8, the baby develops their venous system which comes from three bilateral veins. Mainly during week four, the baby gets its arterial system. The arterial system is where the heart pumps blood through the body.
Slide Options : Move UP,   DOWN,   DELETE,   Insert BLANK Slide
heart attack anatomyby gandhiji40 on Flickr

Today more and more people are getting diseases and health problems. Some common diseases are influenza, heart problems, cancer, yellow fever, typhoid, and many many more. It is said that heart diseases kill more Americans than cancer does. That is a sad fact.
Slide Options : Move UP,   DOWN,   DELETE,   Insert BLANK Slide

 Share this Presentation:  http://NeoK12.com/pres/ZCIRSYS3NeoK12.com - Educational Videos, Lessons, Quizzes & Presentations